Wednesday, January 12, 2011

íBienvenidos a Madrid!

It's only been two days but so far, so good in Madrid. After a long day of traveling, I arrived Monday morning and met the family I'll be staying with for four months. They've all been great to me--a señora, her husband and their daughter plus an adorable dog named Willy. Plus, the señora is a great cook--paella con carne and tortillas de patatats (like an omelette) for the first two meals. They speak very little English so I'm going to get some great practice with Spanish. They have a nice little apartment on the tenth floor of a building in northeast Madrid. There will be some things to get used to though: very small breakfasts, big time lunches around 2:30 in the afternoon and then a light dinner at 10 at night. 10! Plus, the sun came up at 8:37 this morning--very odd. Until next time, hasta luego!

Here are some pictures of my room and the view from my window at night:



No comments:

Post a Comment